“How do you do send out email blasts so the people won’t automatically toss it to junk?” ~Jamie Los Angeles
Great question Jamie! We’ve all had this issue. You kill yourself over creating content and then it’s all crickets and tumbleweeds. IS ANYONE THERE???? In my experience building a tribe takes time and patience, but here’s a few tricks and tips I can offer to make the waiting less painful….
- Have an Organic List I’m not talking pesticides and fertilizers here. Your email list should consist ONLY of email address that people have freely given. They must have opted-in or requested your correspondence. Dumping the entirety of your address book into your email marketing program will leave you with bunk analytics and un-opens up the wazoo. Make sure to get permission to add emails to your list. It’s called SPAM if you don’t and it’s against the law.
- Be Interesting to Your Client Base Know who you are marketing to, then figure out what it is they are interested in. Yes, Pilates articles, workouts, and tips are valuable but what else can you offer? Maybe nutritious eating tips, articles on health, or even fashion, shopping, or wine reviews. People will read your stuff if it’s interesting to them so figure out what you and your ideal client have in common and share!
- Speak Like a Human Make sure that your marketing material has an authentic voice. Writing copy like a robot is a sure turn off. You can test your writing by asking your bestie to read it. If she’s like, “who the hell is that?” then it’s back to the drawing board. Write like how you speak, not like you are writing an essay for English Lit.
- Testing 123 Test the times and days you send your emails. Most email marketing providers have analytics that you can see your percentage of opens. Try sending your correspondence at different times to determine which is best for your audience.
- Grab them at Hello Your subject lines are the first thing people see and they need to be good. People love secrets. Instead of “Free Pilates Workout,” you could say “My Secret To Flat Abs.” Or maybe you instill a little fear. As a substitute for “Get Healthy” try out something like “Things You Should Never Do If You Want To Live a Long Life.”
Now go out there and send some emails! Be consistent and publish often. My rule is at least twice a month. Leave your comments and questions below. Let’s get this conversation started!
Want more attention than a blog article can give? Allow me to give you a taste of the goodness business coaching can bring. Schedule your 30 minute freebie session today!
[do action=”gray-contact-box” text=”Change your business for the better! Get tips and tricks in my biz-nass newsletter. It’s Free!”/]